PIC accepts INTERAC Online (e-transfers). INTERAC Online (e-transfers) allows you to pay membership fees or make donations easily, directly from your bank account. Fast, secure, easy-to-use, you need only access online banking through a participating financial institution (any bank or co-op). Transactions are conducted through your existing online banking access (no need for new user names, passwords or accounts). No financial details are shared with third parties when you pay by INTERAC Online. Your payment is completed through your financial institution which settles it using established, secure banking procedures.
To make a payment – any payment – to PIC follow INTERAC Online (e-transfer) instructions below:
First, go to your on-line banking account.
Next, select INTERAC online (e-transfer) option. Then answer the prompts below:
- Recipient = Population Institute Canada;
- Recipient’s email = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify by = email
- Preferred language = English
- Security question (to ask PIC) = What does the “P” in PIC stand for?
- Security answer = Population
- Re-enter answer = Population
- Reuse security question and answer = yes
- Hit “Confirm”
PIC’s answer (case sensitive) must be typed as “Population”.
*Please note: Some banks may charge a senders fee of about $1.00 for Interac Online service.