PIC now accepts INTERAC Online (e-transfers). INTERAC Online (e-transfers) allows you to pay membership fees or make donations easily and directly from your online bank account. Transactions are conducted through your existing online banking access so there’s no need for new user names, passwords or accounts. No financial details are shared with third parties when you pay by INTERAC Online; your payment is completed through your financial institution which settles it using established, secure banking procedures.
To make a payment – any payment – to Population Institute Canada using INTERAC Online (e-transfer), please follow the instructions below:
First, go to your on-line banking account.
Next, select the INTERAC online (e-transfer) option. Then answer the prompts with the information below:
- Recipient = Population Institute Canada;
- Recipient’s email = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify by = email
- Preferred language = English
- Security question (to ask PIC) = What does the “P” in PIC stand for?
- Security answer = Population
- Re-enter answer = Population
- Reuse security question and answer = yes
- Hit “Confirm”
PIC’s answer (case sensitive) must be typed as “Population”.
*Please note: Some banks may charge a senders fee of about $1.00 for Interac Online service.